This week we are sharing our sources of inspiration! Many times I need to browse my Pinterest boards for sparks of inspiration. I often pin images of graphic art or photographs of wedding decor as it really gets ideas flowing. For this week's challenge, I was inspired by a simple, yet beautiful photo. I hope you will be too!
Check out this cute image below. The idea is that you stitch a heart around the place you visited.
I decided to replicate this look on my layout and use it as a springboard. The idea of marking a particular spot on a map got me thinking about locations and the reasons I travel. The map in the Destination collection doesn't include the United States, but I didn't let that stop me! I decided to scrap about one of my favorite hometown restaurants, Duffy's, which has an Irish theme. I knew I could mark the spot at Ireland!
I took the travel theme to other parts of the page like the faux road along the top.
The real focus is on the map though! It was easy to stitch the heart using a backstitch and sewing needle!!
Supplies: Destination (Papers: Boarding Pass, Tickets, Landmark, Interstate, Port, Bon Voyage, Label Stickers, Chipboard Stickers)
Your challenge is to use the top image as a source of inspiration. What themes does that trigger, will you include some form of stitching, will you incorporate a map of some kind? Maybe you will even combine ideas to bring your page to a whole new level. I can't wait to see what you create!
We'll pick one winner from all our challenge entries this month to win a Lily Bee prize package. Here's a few things to keep in mind:
- Your layout must use at 60% Lily Bee products.
- Post your layout to our Facebook Page or Flickr Gallery to be eligible for monthly challenge prize.
- Title your post "4/2 Inspiration Challenge" so we can find it easily and then leave a comment on this blog post letting us know you've entered.
- Deadline is April 30, 2013, Midnight CST
- One winner from all the challenges will be announced in next month's Kristen's News feature.
The more you play, the better your chances of winning! Happy trails!