Since this week's theme is 1 item, 2 ways - I used this one sketch, to make 2 cards that are similar, yet still a little different too!
Here is the sketch for this month:
Here is the first card I made, using lots of Sweet Shoppe:
I used a combination of wood buttons from both the Destination and Sweet Shoppe collections to embellish some of the layered circles:
My next card is fairly similar, using a few of the same papers and I added in different papers and changed the placement of the title!
Supplies: Pinwheel (6x6 Tiny Tablet, Embellishment Bundle, Chit Chat Stickers, Letter Stickers, Label Stickers), Sweet Shoppe (Embellishment Bundle, 6x6 Tiny Tablet), Persnickety (6x6 Tiny Tablet, ABC Stickers)
I just love the new Letter Stickers in the Pinwheel collection - they are perfect for cards!
and my other favorite are the Chit Chat stickers! I added a few birthday like words along the top and bottom row of the card - just the right touch to make it a little more "birthday" than the card was!
Ok, that's it for me - so let's see what YOU can do with this sketch! We would love to have you join our sketch challenge this month - show us how you will interpret the card sketch by sharing it with us in the Lily Bee Flickr gallery.
We'll pick one winner from all our challenge entries this month to win a Lily Bee prize package. Here's the details:
- Your card must use mainly Lily Bee products (approx. 50% - 60% older or newer lines to showcase Lily Bee Design).
- Post your layout to our Facebook Page or Flickr Gallery to be eligible for monthly challenge prize.
- Title your post " September 10 Card Sketch Challenge" so we can find it easily and then leave a comment on this blog post letting us know you've entered.
- Deadline is September 30, 2013, Midnight CST
- One winner from all the challenges will be announced in next month's Kristen's News feature.
Good luck and have fun!